Category Archives: Humor
People ask peculiar questions of one another all the time. When the person asking the questions is a potential employer, however, there may be more riding on your response than mastering off-the-wall chitchat.
“I was at a job interview, and I stopped the interview and asked the guy ‘If you were in a car traveling at the speed of light, and you turned on the headlights, what would happen?’ He said ‘I don’t know.’ I said ‘Well then I don’t want to work for you!’”
The folks at glassdoor.com have compiled their list of the top oddball interview questions of 2009. How would you do if your next job depended on your response to one of these questions?
5. If two cars are traveling in a two lap race on a track of any length, one going 60 mph and the other going 30mph, how fast will the slower car have to go to finish at the same car to finish at the same time? – view answers
Asked at Morgan Stanley. More Morgan Stanley Interview Questions
20. Given a square grid of numbers, considering all the numbers at the boundary as one layer and numbers just inside as another layer and so on how would you rotate each of the layers of the numbers by a given amount. – view answers
Asked at Microsoft. More Microsoft Interview Questions
22. Develop an algorithm for finding the shortest distance between two words in a document. After the phone interview is over, take a few hours to develop a working example in C++ and send it to the manager. – view answers
Asked at Google. More Google Interview Questions
23. Given a fleet of 50 trucks, each with a full fuel tank and a range of 100 miles, how far can you deliver a payload? You can transfer the payload from truck to truck, and you can transfer fuel from truck to truck. Extend your answer for n trucks. – view answers
Asked at Palantir. More Palantir Interview Questions
24. You are in a room with 3 switches which correspond to 3 bulbs in another room and you don’t know which switch corresponds to which bulb. You can only enter the room with the bulbs once. You can NOT use any external equipment (power supplies, resistors, etc.). How do you find out which bulb corresponds to which switch? – view answers
Asked at Goldman Sachs. More Goldman Sachs Interview Questions
See more at the glassdoor.com blog
As if interviews weren’t already stressful enough!
After being generally cold and miserable for the last couple of days, conditions to which I am not normally accustomed, I had to see how we stack up against the rest of the frigid world…
According to TheTravelAlmanac.com, these are the 10 coldest locales on earth:
|1.||Vostok, Antartica||-89.2 °C||-138.6 °F|
|2.||Plateau Station, Antartica||-84.0||-129.2|
|7.||Snag, Yukon, Canada||-63.0||-81.4|
|8.||Prospect Creek, Alaska, USA||-62.1||-79.8|
|9.||Fort Selkirk, Yukon, Canada||-58.9||-74.0|
|10.||Rogers Pass, Montana, USA||-56.5||-69.7|
I don’t feel quite so bad about our forecast now…
According to an article recently published in Time magazine, men’s underwear sales is an economic indicator. Their top ten humorous leading economic indicators include:
- Appalachian Trail Hikers
- Immigrants in the U.S.
- Men’s Underwear Index
- The Reselling of Cemetery Plots
- Pro Football Games Blacked-Out on TV
- Fewer Babies Born, Fewer Babies Planned
- The Toughness of Marine Ads
- Coupon Redemption
- Long-Distance Relationships
- The Hot Waitress Index
Their articles summarizes: “You know the economy is struggling big time when your underwear is old, the armed forces don’t need recruits, there’s a hot resale market for cemetery plots, you can’t find the local pro football game on TV, your rich neighbors are clipping coupons, and your waitress looks like Megan Fox.” You can read more here.
Original Source: SIA
Since this Saturday is the big game between our two teams I thought it would be fun to poke fun at both of them. Below are jokes having fun with the Hawks and the Clones. I hope you enjoy them and remember no matter who wins it’s all Iowa and the teams are made up of a lot of kids from Iowa.
What do you call 47 guys sitting around a tv watching BCS games? “The Iowa State Cyclone football team”
Where do you go in Ames in case of a tornado? “Jack Trice Stadium- They never get a touchdown there.”
How do you get a U of I grad off your porch?….. “Pay him for the pizza!”
The Seven Dwarfs were marching through the forest one day they fell in a deep, dark ravine. Snow White, who was following along, peered over the edge of the steep chasm and called out to the fallen dwarfs. From the depths of the dark hole a voice returned, “ISU will beat Iowa.” Snow White thought to herself, “Thank God… at least Dopey’s survived!”
Did you hear that the ISU football team couldn’t get into their stadium the other day? “It wasn’t locked, someone just painted a goal-line in front of the door.”
What do you call a police van full of Hawkeye football players? “A huddle.”
How many ISU football players does it take to put in a lightbulb? “Just one, but he gets 3 credits”
If a husband and wife who attended Iowa State move from Ames to Iowa City and get a divorce, are they still brother and sister?
How do Cyclones count to ten? “0-1; 0-2; 0-3; 0-4…”
What do Cyclone and Hawkeye fans have in common? “None of them attended the University of Iowa!”
What do you get if you drive through Ames SLOWLY? “A degree in Engineering”